Pitch In’s COVID-19 Response Plan
Mission + Vision
To ensure that we continue to meet the developmental, social, emotional, and academic needs of our 4th-8th grade students despite an ever-changing landscape and in the midst of worldwide uncertainty. We know that we will shift our work meaningful ways, and all to deliver on a two-part programming approach, rooted in our historic Pitch In model’s success, and adjusted for the current crisis.
Pitch In’s Two-Part Response Approach
Part 1 – Pitch In Virtual: an engaging, distance learning-based version of our traditional Pitch In curriculum and programmatic support, delivered by Site Leaders using a variety of online tools and resources. This will include:
- Online engagement through open cohort “hangouts” / office hours.
- Appearances from virtual guest speakers and community partners.
- Video high school tours and connections to adult champions for our 8th graders.
- Timely social work support to Pitch In families experiencing loss and grief.
- Bolstering the morale of our teachers and school admins.
- Groceries, medical supplies, cleaning products, infant needs, and pet supplies.
- Technology devices and reliable internet to support e-learning.
- Personal “Pitch In Caddies” full of school supplies to support a rich remote learning environment.
- Chapter books to promote independent reading.
- A Parent Portal on our website with at-home activity ideas and remote learning resources.
- And much more!
Our COVID Supporters
A Better Chicago
Jill & Matt Ludwig
Surge Relief Fund
Sarah Spain & Brad Zibung
Help us keep the momentum building and remind Pitch In students how loved and supported they are. In order to uphold our stay-at-home order and stay diligent about social distancing, the safest way for our supporters to pitch in right is to donate at the link below. Thank you for your kindness and generosity!